Monday, December 21, 2009

It's been a while






I feel sad for not keeping up with my blog but I have been keeping rather busy. Now that I am finished with another semester I want to catch up on the happenings here in the Ferree home.

Well, Gordie has been with us now for a while and adjusting rather well. He has a quirky personality and loves to play. I have the morning shift with walks and Eric takes him for a run at night. It is nice to have the Rail Trail behind the house for our exercise. Just last week I had Gordie running along me while I rode my bicycle. We finished with just about 2 miles and he wanted to go further! I have really enjoyed having him around to play with while Eric is at work.

I will finally attach pictures of the little guy after this post.

Most recently, Eric has been working on renovating the kitchen. My idea was to transform the wooden paneled walls into Southwestern-inspired colors. The trim work is not complete, but it's coming together nicely so far. Eric wallpapered and painted, then did the big time work-cabinets! He selected oak cabinetry to replace our 1970s "boxes on the wall" look. In addition to a new refrigerator, he purchased a dishwasher! (I haven't had a dishwasher since our very first apartment in 1997)

He performed all of the electrical and plumbing work himself, to which I am very proud of. It looked like a complicated mess of pipes under the sink, but is now in beautiful working order. The countertop is granite-esque, shiny, and fabulous. My favorite part of the new kitchen is the corner cupboard that has TWO lazy susans. I feel beyond blessed to have such a gracious and hardworking husband. I am thankful daily for the convenience and storage.

Please enjoy the series of pictures of our home renovations.
We have accomplished the following renovations to date: New roof, siding, windows, front door, wood laminate flooring, painted living room and bathroom, and now new kitchen.
Stay tuned for the final kitchen masterpiece!


2 comments:

  1. Quite possibly the quitest little dog EVER!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bravo! The kitchen looks great! Hope you enjoy your time with Gordie!
    Love and miss ya!
    A

    ReplyDelete